Driving from I-295 N or I-295 S:
142 Free Street
Portland, Maine 04101
- Take exit 6-A (Forest Ave. South).
- Bear right at the lights onto Rt. 77 South and proceed through the park.
- Continue up the hill (Rt. 77/State Street).
- At the top of the hill take a left onto Congress Street.
- Proceed 2/10 mile, cross High Street and immediately bear right onto Free Street.
- The Children's Museum & Theatre of Maine is on the right, immediately after the Portland Museum of Art.
Discounted parking available at the indoor municipal parking garage on Free Street, one block past the Museum.
Click here for more parking information.
Public Transit Directions
Most METRO and South Portland bus routes travel within a block of the Museum & Theatre.
- Routes #1, #3 and #8 stop at Congress Square (just across Congress Street from the Museum & Theatre)
- Routes #2, #4 and #5 stop at Congress Street and Forest Avenue (about one block away)
- Routes #6 and #7 stop at Monument Square (about four blocks away)
- Route #5 travels to/from the Portland Transportation Center (hub for the Amtrak Downeaster and Concord Coach bus lines)