The Children's Museum & Theatre of Maine has a team of wonderful volunteers who donate their time and talents to help us inspire learning through play.
We are currently looking for...
- Lead education & theatre programs
- Spend time throughout the Museum & Theatre interacting with children & families, enhancing their visit, and preparing exhibits for play
- Behind the scenes help with project preparation
- Ability to work in an unsupervised setting with children and their families
- Ability to command the attention of a group of children and their parents and engage them in programming activities
- Predisposition to interact in a mature, friendly and positive way with children, families, and the Museum & Theatre staff
- Loves working with children
- Is reliable and has a strong desire to be part of the Children's Museum & Theatre of Maine community
- Has reliable transportation to and from the Museum & Theatre
- Volunteer time commitment: six month minimum
- Monthly time commitment: 4 hours minimum
- Daily shifts: 2 hours minimum
- Days: possibility of weekdays and weekends
- Gain meaningful experience working with children ages 0-10 and their families and caregivers
- Learn how to implement lesson plans
- Develop public speaking skills
- Become a part of the Children's Museum & Theatre of Maine community
Supervisor: Brittany Liscord, Community Engagement Coordinator & Educator
We receive many applications and our screening and training process is very thorough; not all volunteers will be accepted. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this process.
Volunteer shifts are flexible and are available Tuesday-Sunday from 10am-5pm, as well as Monday during the summer months. A minimum commitment of 4 hours per month is requested, and training is provided.
Junior Volunteer Application
Adult Volunteer Application
If you are interested in learning more about the Museum & Theatre's volunteer program, contact our Community Engagement Coordinator, Brittany Liscord, by email or by phone at 207-828-1234 x241.
For a complete list of current internship openings, visit our Employment Page.
Special Event Volunteers
Join a group that gives: Help plan our Annual Auction!
The Friends Committee of the Children's Museum & Theatre of Maine is a group of hard working volunteers that plan our Annual Auction fundraiser held each spring. The group begins working on the Auction in the fall and helps the office collect hundreds of donations from local businesses including fine art, local and long distance getaways, restaurant certificates, gourmet food baskets, jewelry, sports and concert tickets and kids' toys. The committee also assists with the event catering, decor and entertainment.
The Auction Committee is a wonderful way to meet other parents and their children and support and sustain an outstanding community resource. We welcome anyone who is interested in meeting fellow parents and learning more about what's happening at the Children's Museum & Theatre of Maine. Whether you're a social butterfly, a computer whiz, a cheerleader or a bookkeeper, there's a place for you on the Auction Committee!
For more information about getting involved with the Museum & Theatre Auction Committee, contact Kyle DeVaul at 828-1234 x243 or by email.
back to top